|Season||Guardian Angels Of The Sky|
|Age||15 - 17|
|Hair Color||Dark Blue|
|First Appearance||Episode 01|
|Last Appearance||Episode 137|
|Voice Actor(s)||Yvonne Greitzke (German)|
Aoba Sapphie「蒼波サフィ」 is a main character appearing in the Guardian Angels Of The Sky Series. She is the human alter ego of Guardian Angel Sicilia, the angelic warrior of water, snow, ice and talents. Sapphie is a tomboyish girl, whose greatest passion is music. Sapphie’s character quote is "It's Special!" (スペシャルだよ！ Supesharu dayo!?).
- Main article: Aoba Sapphie / History
- Name: Sapphie Aoba
- Japanese: 蒼波サフィ
- Nickname: N/A
- Birthday: September 5th
- Birthplace: Hisakata
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Height: 1.68 m
- Weight: 59 kg
- Blood Type: 0
- Species: Human
- Personal Quote: It's Special!
- Food: Crème caramel/custard pudding
- Color: Iris, Viridian
- Music: Rock, pop, jazz, instrumental,... list goes on
Sapphie’s biggest fears are unknown. She usually acts calmly towards everything that could scare people. However, it Sapphie considers some dolls as really creepy. Due to their big, soulless eyes, she usually gets creeped out when seeing such dolls. Sometimes, usually on Halloween, Sapphie can also be surprised, if not even scared, by such creepy dolls. Also important, her older brother, Yuki, used to tease her with such dolls.
Even though some people who know her might consider Sapphie as an English teacher, she hasn’t planned to stay in school longer than needed. But Sapphie has always known that she will do something related to music once she grows up. In addition, she used to dream of becoming an idol when she was younger. However, she stopped wanting to be an idol a long time ago. Yet, she still wants to share her passion for music with the whole world. In Guardian Angels Of The Light, she has decided that she wants to go to Australia for a while.episode 19
- Athletic skills: Even though Sapphie is known to be good in sports, like soccer, basketball and soft ball, Sapphie is quite uninterested in any kinds of sport. Yet, she likes to challenge others - usually her friends - for a match, especially when they are good in these sports. She also once challenged Ruby for a basketball match in Sky Pretty Cure. It is also known that Sapphie is quite fast; to be exact she is the fastest runner of the girls.
- Academic skills: Since Sapphie usually concentrates on other things than school, Sapphie usually needs a lot help with studying to pass the final exams. Due to this, she is quite bad in any lesson. Yet, she is an excellent student in English classes.
- Additional skills: Sapphie almost loves nothing more than music. Due to this, Sapphie is very skilled in everything that is connected with music. She likes to sing, she likes to play the guitar and she also can play the keyboard.
Sapphie is a talented 15 year old girl. She usually says right what she thinks, no matter if it comes off rude or not. She is really in love with music. Because of that, she started teaching herself how to play many different instruments, of which she loves the guitar the most. Sapphie is not the best student, however she is really good at English and uses many English words or sentences while talking with others. She cares a lot for her friends and would always defend them from everything. She is sometimes described as a tomboy because she usually doesn’t act like a girl and also talks a bit boyish at some times.
Ruby's style of clothing is comfortable and cool. She prefers clothes which make her look good. She is not a girly and doesn't wear "cute" or "sexy" clothes.
In civilian, Sapphie wears a sleeveless, dark blue, almost grey, jacket that just reaches under her chest. The jacket has greyish light blue colored lapels. Underneath the jacket, she wears a light blue colored top whose sleeves she rolled up right over her elbows. She wears greyish blue colored jean shorts of which the first part is covered by her top. Over the top, but below the jacket, she wears a dark brown belt. The belt sits a bit above her hips. She wears dark blue sneakers which reach to her ankles. She has dark blue colored hair, that she usually wears in a side ponytail, tied on the left side of her head and hold by a white colored scrunchy. Her eyes are navy colored.
In winter, Sapphie wears a black leather jacket with a light blue top underneath. She wears dark blue, almost black, skinny jeans skinny jeans and brown ankle boots.
As of Guardian Angels Of The Light onwards, Sapphie's appearance changed. She now wears a red and blue checked shirt, which she keeps opened. Underneath the shirt, she wears a white top whose bottom part is overed with some kind of ribbon-like, blue belt. She wears a dark blue, almost black skirt. She wears black sneakers with white laces. Unlike the previous seasons, she wears her hair opened and the hair has grown. She also wears purple/silver headphones.
In school, Sapphie has to wear the Great Castle Memorial Academy's uniform for girls. The summer uniform consists of a yellow sweater vest with a white short sleeved shirt underneath. The uniform also includes a checked dark yellow skirt, grey stockings and brown shoes. The winter uniform consists of a dark yellow blazer with a white whirt underneath. The skirt, as well as the stockings and the shoes, are the same as the summer uniform's.
On the cover of the second DVD volume, Sapphie wears a black jacket that is half opened over a light purple top. She wears black jeans and dark greyish blue colored conserves. She has her hair braided back and tied into a braided pig tail, held by a pink band.
When Sapphie transforms into Kaguya-hime in episode 30, Sapphie wears a dark blue kimono with light blue star and moon patterns. She wears a light blue belt that is ties to her back, tied into a bow. She wears purple shoes and wears a pink lily in her hair, that is tied into a low pony tail.
As Cat Sapphie Cheshire Neko, Sapphie wears a dark blue tshirt with violet trims and violet cat ears, nose, whiskers and cat tail on it. Under the cat resembling pattern is a violet font saying "Smile". Over the tshirt, she wears a black belt with a golden buckle and round spikes. She wears grey pants with big pockets and which is laced at some parts with golden buckles. She wears black boots with red and green laces. She wears orange cat ears.
In Holidays at Skyriver, Sapphie wears a shoulder-free, cyan colored top and a black jacket over it of which she cut of the sleeves. She wears finger free purple gloves and greyish-blue colored pants of which she cut of parts of them. Sapphie wears the same sneakers as she wears in casual.
In The Legend of the Rainbow Jewels, Sapphie wears a white shirt that looks like it came from a school uniform. She also wears a dark blue skirt with a black belt and a silver buckle. She wears a green cloth over her left elbow and the same purple gloves as in the last movie. Sapphie wears dark green boots.
Aoba (蒼波?) - Aoba comes from Ao (蒼?) meaning “blue” or “pale”, combined with Ba (波?) meaning “wave”. So Aoba means “blue wave”. Ao, also written as 青 or 青い (aoi?) , might be a reference to her alter ego’s theme color, which is blue. In addition, Guardian Angel Azure is the angel of the blue colored rainbow.
Sapphie (サフィ?) - The meaning of the name Sapphie is unknown, yet it might be possible that it comes from “sapphire”, the name of an usually blue colored precious stone. The sapphire is also known as the birth jewel of the month September.
Sapphie Cheshire Cat (サフィ・チェシャ猫?) - The name Sapphie took, and probably gave herself, during Emerald's adventures in Wonderland. The name is a mixture of the Cheshire Cat, appearing in the real Alice, as well as her own name.
Sapphie-hime (サファイア姫?) or Sapphy-hime (サフィー姫?) - Sapphie was called that way while FairySina drew her design for Guardian Angels Of The Sky episode 30. Later it was also used in the episode 33 by the others to tease Sapphie. It was mostly used by Loo. Apparently Sapphie didn't like being called that way.
As a main character, Sapphie's voice actor, Otsubo Yuka has particated in several image songs for the character she voices:
- ♪ magical ♫ (Along with Akemi Okamura, Murakawa Rie)
- Rainbow Rose (Along with Hirano Aya, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Hitomi Terakado, Murakawa Rie)
- living my dream (Along with Hirano Aya, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Hitomi Terakado, Murakawa Rie)
- Mirai, Kibou, Destiny! (Along with Hirano Aya, Hitomi Terakado, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- P R I S M (Along with Hirano Aya, Hitomi Terakado, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Niji Tenshi no Karaa (Along with Hirano Aya, Hitomi Terakado, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Forever Sky Pretty Cure ♥ (Along with Hirano Aya, Hitomi Terakado, Asumi Nakata, Akemi Okamura, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Main article: Aoba Sapphie / Quotes
- Sapphie's birthday falls on September 5th, which makes her zodiac to be Virgo (♍).
- It has been revealed that Sapphie has a lot Merch of idols and music stars in her room.
- Sapphie likes any kind of music, but prefers the ones with guitars in it.
- Sapphie shows some similarities with Otoshiro Seira from Aikatsu!:
- Both have their hair styled into a ponytail. However, Sapphie's is a side ponytail.
- Both given names start with "S".
- Both love music.
- Both love playing guitar.
- Both are said to have a nice singing voice.
- Both have a rocking personality.
- As said in the 112th episode of the Series, Sapphie is represented by the zinnia, which means "loalty" in the language of flowers.
- It has been revealed that Sapphie is half Japanese and half American.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_cyan#Light_cyan
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_green#Sea_green