- "Blessed with powers of heaven!"— The Cures summoning their crystals
The Heaven Crystals (天の結晶 Amano kesshō?) are power up items appearing in the Guardian Angels Of The Sky Series, which had their debut in the first season, Guardian Angels Of The Sky. The Heaven Crystals grant the Guardian Angels new and stronger attacks as well as a group attack once all Crystals are activated. The Heaven Crystals are created by the mythical Rainbow Tears, which the Guardian Angel have to collect in the first half of the first season. As soon as all Tears are collected, their power fuses to the six legendary Heaven Crystals.
Each Heaven Crystal has its own name, based on the Guardian Angel wielding it and the power the girl possesses. They made their first debut in episode 28, when Guardian Angel Whitney cured the Cinderella story for its Fairy Tale Curse.
Every Crystal has it's own name. The Crystals are named after the Cures powers or theme colors. They are as follows:
- Rouge Crystal (ルージュ結晶 Rūju Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Crimson's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Fire.
- Tonnerre Crystal (トネール結晶 Tonēru Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Saffron's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Storm.
- Luce Crystal (ルース結晶 Rūsu Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Sienna's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Rising.
- Gruen Crystal (グルーエン結晶 Gurūen Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Cyan's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Breeze.
- Schnee Crystal (シュネー結晶 Shunē Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Azure's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Blizzard.
- Bianko Crystal (ビアンコ結晶 Bianko Kesshō?): Guardian Angel Whitney's crystal that gives her the power to use Crystal Speed.
- Starlight Crystal (星光結晶 Seikō Kesshō?): Rainbow Angel's crystal with which she can use Sekai ni Rainbow Color.
The names of the Heaven Cyrstals originate from words that are connected with the Guardian Angels' power or theme color. The name of Guardian Angel Crimson's Rouge Crystal comes from the French word rouge, which means "red" if it is translated into English. The Gruen Crystal's name comes from the German word "grün", which literally means "green", while bianko is an Italian word that means "white". Further more, the Tonnerre Crystal comes from the French word "tonnerre", which means "thunder". Luce is an Italian word that means "light", and schnee is German and means "snow" in English. In addition, the name of the Starlight Crystal comes from the Japanese word 星光 (seikō?), which literally means "star light".
- It's possible that the first Heaven Crystal was used by Rainbow Angel, the first Guardian Angel in the Guardian Angel Of The Sky Universe.
- In Holidays at Skyriver, the Guardian Angels introduced their Heaven Crystals.