|Season||Guardian Angels Of The Sky|
|Age||15 - 18|
|Eye Color||Dark Green|
|Home Place||Feather Castletown|
|First Appearance||Episode 01|
|Last Appearance||Episode 137|
Minotori Ema is a main character of the Guardian Angels Of The Sky series and the civilian alias of Guardian Angel Clover. Ema is a gentle and pretty smart young girl. There are some times that she can understand how others feel just by the look at them and can understand them very fast. She also loves sports and her preferred sport is soccer.
Her catchphrase is "Neat" (さっぱりっ Sappari ~tsu?).
- Main article: Minotori Ema / History
- Name: Minotori Ema
- Japanese: 実鳥エメラルド
- Birthday: May 1st
- Birthplace: Feather Castletown
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Height: 1.64 m (5″5)
- Weight: 63 kg
- Blood Type: AB
- Species: Human
- Personal Quote: "Neat"
- Food: Melon bread
- Color: Deep Green, Sea Green
- Music: None prefered. Likes instrumentals more than lyrics versions
Even though it was never really mentioned or seen in the series, it is known that Ema has claustrophobia. Claustrophobia is the fear of being enclosed in a small space or room and having no escape. It can be triggered by many situations or stimuli, including elevators crowded to capacity, windowless rooms, small cars and even tight-necked clothing. However, it is unknown how serious Ema’s phobia is.
As being raised by a sports reporter, Ema has always been pretty close to sports. She practiced sports like soccer since her childhood and joined a club in elementary school for the first time. However, Ema never considered sport as her future. While not having a plan for her future back then, she already knew she would want to do something else than being a famous sports person. In Rainbow Star, the colorful world of nature has caught Ema’s interest and starting from this point, she has wanted to learn more about it. This has led her to wanting her own flower shop. Ema’s dream for her future is to become a florist.
- Athletic Skills: Ema has always been good in sports, which may due to the fact that she was raised by a local sports reporter and a former figure skater. Ema has been practicing sports since her childhood, even though she didn’t join an actual sports club until attending elementary school. Ema has always been especially good in playing soccer, but has also been good in any other sports. However, she never showed much interests in other kinds of sports.
- Academic Skills: Besides being good in sports, Ema is also quite good at studying. Even if she struggles in some courses, she somehow manages to get good grades so she doesn’t have to worry about school too much. In addition, out of the group, Ema is the second smartest girl, after Diamond.
- Other Skills: When Ema was younger, she practiced ballet together with her older sister Tsubaki. Even though it is unknown, it is likely that she could still perform a few moves. However, Ema doesn’t seem to be interested in dancing anymore and stopped taking ballet classes when she was about ten years old. Due to this, Ema’s actual dancing skills are unknown.
Ema has black colored hair, that reaches to her hips if they're worn opened. Ema has side bangs, swept to the right side. In the first two seasons, Ema usually has her hair worn opened without any hair accessory or anything. When playing soccer in her team, Ema has her hair tied back to a ponytail, hold by a cyan blue hair band. Ema has green eyes and pale skin that appears slightly tanned. With a height of 1.64 m (5″5), Ema describes, together with Ririan, Ami and Sapphie the average of the group. As of the third season, Ema has her hair cut and now has the shortest hair out of the girls.
Ema doesn't have a specific style of clothing. There are hardly any clothes she would not wear. However, Ema only wears what she thinks fit her, eg. she wouldn't wear skirts or pants that are too short, or clothes that are too revealing in general. But that aside, she wears anything, from skirts to hooded sweaters.
In civilian, Ema wears a short-sleeved, dark green vest with puffy sleeves that end under her chest. Underneath the vest, she wears a light green top that ends at her hips. She wears a silver-greyish miniskirt and brown laced boots. Her hair color is black and she wears the hair opened. Her hair reachers her elbow. Her eye color is dark green.
During winter and autumn seasons, Ema wears a dark blueish-green hoody. She wears dark grew pants and dark brown boots that go over the pants. The boots end at the height of her knees.
As of Of The Sound, Ema has short hair. The length is similar to Yumi in the second season. Her bangs are also shorter. She wears a blue/grey top and a dark green, short and sleeveless top underneath. She wears blue hot pants in vintage look. She wears dark green, almost grey sneakers with white laces.
In school, Ema has to wear the Great Castle Memorial Academy's uniform for girls. The summer uniform consists of a yellow sweater vest with a white short sleeved shirt underneath. The uniform also includes a checked dark yellow skirt, grey stockings and brown shoes. The winter uniform consists of a dark yellow blazer with a white shirt underneath. The skirt, as well as the stockings and the shoes, are the same as the summer uniform's.
When playing soccer, Ema wears a light blue, short sleeved top and dark blue shorts that have two light blue stripes on the left side of them. She wears light blue shoes and black socks. Her hair is tied into a pony tail.
On the cover of the second DVD volume, Ema wears a long sleeved, light green top that goes over her hips. She wears a black jeans that goes to her knees and white books. She wears a green hair clip in her hair. She also wears a dark red choker and a dark red top under the green top.
When Ema transforms into Alice in episode 31, she wears a cyan blue dress with white puffy sleeves. She wears a white apron and brown boots that have grey ribbons on them. Ema also wears a green bow in her hair and a pink bow at her chest.
In Holidays at Skyriver, Ema wears a green colored, long top with blue jean shorts that end over the knees. She also wears black boots. In The Legend of the Rainbow Jewels, Ema wears a shoulder free gray-ish green pullover that has dark green trims. On the pullover, a big initial M is written in green color. She wears a dark blue, almost black skirt and grey sneakers.
Ema is a gentle and pretty smart young girl. She is also a really good friend. She cares for other more than for herself at some times. There are some times that she can understand how others feel just by the look at them and can understand them very fast. Ema is also good at keeping secrets. She always tries to do her best even though she hates when things changes. Ema hates being in situations she isn’t familiar with. Besides that, Ema is very smart and loves nature. She also loves sports and her preferred sport is soccer. She even, when she has time, plays in her school’s soccer team.
Minotori (実鳥?) - Minotori comes from Mino (実?) meaning "fruit", "seed" or even "truth", combined with Tori (鳥?) meaning "bird". So Minotori means "true bird" or "bird seed". 鳥, bird, could be a reference to Guardian Angel Cyan's wind based powers, as bird are creatures of the air. Yet, 実 can also be pronounced as "mi", while 鳥 may also be pronounced as "dori", put together, the two Kanjis would then be pronounced as "midori", which might be a pun to her theme color as midori (みどり or 緑?) is the Japanese word for green.
Ema (恵真?) - Ema comes from E (恵?) meaning “grace” or “blessing”, combined with Ma (真?) meaning “true” or “real”. So Ema could mean “graceful truth” or “real blessing”. However, Ema might also come from the English name Emma, which means "whole" or "universal".
Alice (ありす?) - Alice is the name of the main character of Alice in Wonderland. Alice is a feminine given name used primarily in English and French. It is a feminized form of the Old French female name Alis, short form of Adelais, which is derivation from the Germanic name Adalhaidis. The German name Adelheid comes from the words Adel meaning "noble" and Heid meaning "heath(land), heather" or"appearance; kind". Ema is usually called Alice by Voide even after her adventures in wonderland ended.
Emy - Another nickname of Ema, given my FairySina.
As a main character, Ema's voice actor, Hanazawa Kana has particated in several image songs for the character she voices:
- ♪ magical ♫ (Along with Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie)
- Rainbow Rose (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie)
- living my dream (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie)
- Mirai, Kibou, Destiny! (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- P R I S M (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Niji Tenshi no Karaa (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Forever Sky Pretty Cure ♥ (Along with Hirano Aya, Iida Riho, Taneda Risa, Otsubo Yuka, Murakawa Rie, Sakura Ayane, Uchida Maaya)
- Ema is known to be left-handed.
- Ema's character symbols are flowers, the four-leaved clover, luck/fortune and happiness.
- As said in the 112th episode of the Series, Ema is represented by the honeysuckle, which means "generous" in the language of flowers.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claustrophobia
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_green#Ema
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E7%B7%91#Japanese
- ↑ http://www.behindthename.com/name/emma/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_(given_name)